Join Cisco and Virtustream to discover how businesses are increasing the potential of cloud collaboration in revolutionary ways.
Cisco and Virtustream will show you:
- Unique ways that businesses like yours use cloud collaboration
- Enterprise case studies that have created secure, multi-tenant cloud environments that deliver guaranteed SLA levels for business-critical applications.
- How vertical markets are taking cloud collaboration to the next level
We will show you the huge potential of cloud collaboration in all types of industries: Financial industries are better able to deliver higher levels of customer care and increase revenue per customer while becoming more strategic with IT resources. Healthcare and education providers are becoming more flexible and accelerating the deployment of the latest applications.
SOC 2 and SSAE 16 data center compliance require stringent audit and process documentation. Most public cloud infrastructure providers such as Amazon provide customers little insight into their underlying data center security beyond touting their certifications. Typically enterprise class cloud customers need more assurances to satisfy internal audit processes.
Beth Cohen, Senior Cloud Architect, Cloud Technology Partners
Pete Nicoletti, Director of Security and Solutions, Virtustream
Featuring Virtustream Chief Vertical Markets, Strategy, Marketing, Simon Aspinall
For about as long as there have been computer networks, administrators have attempted to keep these networks up and running. A continuous battle between faulty hardware, poorly written software, unreliable connectivity and random acts of nature. With the emergence of cloud computing we are now for the first time realizing computing environment where we are able to focus less on keeping our applications up and more on making them run more efficiently and effectively.
When it comes to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), not all cloud services are created equal. Some like Virtustream's xStream platform have built their offerings on a foundation of security using technologies like Altor's software, which are purpose-built for isolating and protecting virtualized resources. This information-packed Webinar, entitled "Clouds - the Safest Place for Your Critical Workloads," demonstrated how Virtustream's customers are reaping the benefits of the private and hybrid cloud while maintaining secure and compliant operation of their critical workloads. Virtustream and Altor will cover the security challenges of the multi-tenant environment, various reference architectures for virtual machine isolation, and the latest developments in VM introspection and virtualization security. A product demonstration was also conducted.
In 2006, Crowell & Moring's IT Department began one of the most significant overhauls of the firm's technology systems to date and moved itself to 99 percent server virtualization over recent years. During this process, Ryan Schlunz, Director of Technology Services for Crowell & Moring LLP, has learned that a sophisticated audit was the most valuable step during the firm's process to switch to virtualization. A proficient audit enabled him to identify areas of risk and potential service improvement while thoroughly examining numerous factors that may seem minor but in the world of virtualization have a cumulative impact. As a result, Virtualization helped keep the firm's infrastructure in pace with its expansion plans, including the potential of running in a cloud based environment.
Attendees will learn:
- How to uncover improvements that can be made to increase the efficiency of the virtual environment.
- How to further reduce energy consumption.
- The best ways to correct inefficiencies when consolidating virtual servers on to fewer physical machines.
- Best practices when planning for further consolidation, via hardware review, that would reduce downtime.
- How to put a better disaster recovery/business continuity plan in place.
- Why engaging to perform a complete analysis of the server environment can properly identify how to optimize your infrastructure and prepare you for a move to the cloud.
If you are looking to creating a smooth transition into cloud computing or just looking to learning more information on maintaining a successful operation of the cloud, this webinar will be sure to address your questions!
Virtustream were invited to run this Webinar as one of the leading virtualisation technology experts in the field of cloud computing, by Hays Recruitment. The Webinar hosted by BrightTALK gives some insight into 'What is driving Cloud Adoption'? What is Cloud? You can also discover the TCO and ROI calculations and costs savings that can be achieved by moving to the Cloud. Julian Box, CTO, Virtustream, describes the Green IT benefits that Cloud delivers, even above traditional virtualisation. He also gives examples of organisations across various vertical sectors who have benefited from migrating to the Cloud with Virtustream. Julian's experience includes ten years of delivering strategic-based virtualisation solutions, operational readiness and dynamic and agile solutions/thought leadership for tomorrow's technology needs. View the Webinar and learn why you should consider a Cloud Strategy for your organisation.
Featuring Raejeanne Skillern, Director of Cloud Computing at Intel & Kevin Reid, CEO & CTO at Virtustream
Cloud computing is experiencing significant growth across businesses both large and small. This webinar by Virtustream and Intel will address technology and ROI considerations around the right approach for cloud computing within your organization, including:
- The business value of private, public or hybrid clouds
- How Intel & Virtustream are addressing critical needs around interoperability, security, efficiency & performance for cloud computing
- Practical "how to" guidance for organization s moving to cloud computing
- Case studies on how other enterprises are moving to the cloud