Virtustream, Inc. Privacy Statement
Virtustream, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us. In this Privacy Statement, we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about visitors to our website, www.virtustream.com, and the services available through our website. By visiting our website or using any of our services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, as well as other information that is linked to such information. Personal information does not include aggregate, anonymous de-identified or publicly available.
Information we collect directly from you. Virtustream collects personal information when you use certain Virtustream products or services, when you register to attend a seminar or participate in an online survey, when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list, when you submit an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotions, or when you submit your personal information to Virtustream for any other reason.
Information we collect from other sources. From time to time, Virtustream receives personal information from business partners and vendors, such as contact lists and marketing leads.
How We Use Information Collected
Virtustream uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide our cloud platform and other services;
- to process and fulfill your requests for products and services, to communicate with you about your orders or requests, for billing purposes, and for other customer service purposes;
- to provide technical support and assistance;
- to personalize your experience on our website;
- for marketing and promotional purposes, including to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, special offers or other information we think you'd like to hear about either from us or from our business partners;
- to contact you or to allow our business partners to contact you for market research; and to better understand your needs and provide you with better services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share the information that we collect, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Marketing and Business Partners. We may share your information with select partners, who may send you information about third party products and services that may be of interest to you. For information on how to opt-out of this type of information sharing please see "Your Choices About Marketing" below.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking. We may use automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website, to deliver relevant content and for marketing and promotional purposes. These analytics providers may collect information from you on our behalf, and they may also combine the information they collect about you on our site with information they collect about you on other websites. Our website does not currently honor web browser "Do Not Track" headers.
Your Choices About Marketing
Marketing by Virtustream. We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail or by emailing us at . Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us. Marketing by our Business Partners. As noted above, we may share certain information about you, including name and contact information, with our business partners so that they may contact you about promotions, offers and other information that you may be interested in. You may opt out of this sharing, and tell us to not share your information with our business partners by emailing . Please note that when you opt out, we will cease sharing your information with our business partners going forward, but we cannot delete or prevent the further use of your information by those business partners with whom we have already shared your information.
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content to our blog, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our website. If you post content on our website, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our website; your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy.
Virtustream has affiliates, subsidiaries, operations and offices both in the U.S. and in other jurisdictions worldwide. Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Virtustream, its subsidiaries, affiliates, operations or agents are located; by submitting your information though our website, you agree to such transfers.
With respect to the personal data we receive from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, we comply with applicable data privacy rules and regulations. If you have questions about Virtustream’s collection, use, or retention of personal information from the European Economic Area countries and Switzerland, please contact us at .
Virtustream takes measures to safeguard the security of the data you send us with reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. In certain areas of our websites, Virtustream uses SSL encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
Our websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. Virtustream does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for personal information.
Third Party Sites
Virtustream will amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will make that information available by posting a notice on this site.
If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please email us at: . Last Updated: April 16, 2016.