« Use Cases
SAP in the Cloud
Cloud computing offers SAP customers the opportunity to achieve significant decreases in total cost of ownership (TCO), while simultaneously improving the agility, performance and resiliency of their SAP deployment. Yet because SAP enables a variety of mission-critical business processes—including finance, human capital management, asset management, sales and procurement—it is important to choose a cloud service provider with extensive SAP experience.
Criteria for SAP Success in the Cloud
Due to the complex and mission-critical nature of SAP installations, enterprises looking to migrate SAP to the cloud should seek a provider able to deliver:
- Extensive SAP Experience: SAP is complex software with stringent infrastructure requirements, numerous modules and many configuration options. To ensure a smooth transition to the cloud, it is essential to work with a provider that is intimately familiar with the SAP landscape.
- SAP Successes: The best indicator of a provider’s SAP knowledge and experience is their ability to help similarly situated enterprises migrate their SAP instances to the cloud.
- Assured Performance: In order to ensure a smooth SAP experience, the cloud platform must guarantee access to the compute, storage and network resources required by SAP. The cloud provider should be willing to stand behind their service by ensuring a smooth experience from the SAP user’s perspective.
Virtustream Enterprise Class Cloud for SAP
Virtustream’s Enterprise Class Cloud offering, powered by xStream™ Cloud Management software, delivers assured SAP cloud performance and backs this with a industry-leading application-level performance SLA.
Virtustream offers SAP customers:
- SAP Experience & Success: With nearly 100 SAP customers and the largest production SAP customer in the cloud, Virtustream is the ideal partner to help your enterprise migrate SAP to the cloud. Virtustream SAP customers include such household brands as Coca-Cola, Avon and Goodyear.
- SAP Expertise: Virtustream is certified by SAP in both Cloud Hosting and Cloud Services, and is a member of SAP’s Cloud Technology Advisory Board and Cloud Benchmarking Group. In addition, Virtustream delivered the first production deployment of SAP’s next-generation HANA Enterprise Cloud for customer Domino Sugar (Florida Crystals Corporation).
- Assured Performance SLA: Virtustream backs the SAP-on-cloud services with an application-level SLA that guarantees up to 99.999% uptime with defined performance and response-time attributes.
- Support & Services: An expert in migrating SAP to the cloud, Virtustream offers a wide variety of professional services; spanning migration strategy, SAP technical services and SAP functional services. Through Virtustream’s Cloud Cover offering, the company offers on-demand management of your SAP instance and other cloud-based assets.
To learn more about migrating SAP to the Virtustream Enterprise Class Cloud click here.