Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Virtustream LLC (“Virtustream”, “we” or “our”) collects, processes, uses, protects, and shares your personal information as well as your privacy rights under certain privacy laws.
Information We Collect About You
|We collect your personal information directly from you through your interactions, use, and experiences with our website, products and services. We also obtain your information indirectly from our Business Partners and third party sources. For more information about the types and sources of information we collect about you refer to: Information We Collect About You.|
How We Use and Share Your Information
|We use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, improve our products and services, tailor your customer experience with Virtustream, personalize our products and services and make recommendations to you, advertise and market to you, and to comply with applicable laws. We also use your information to improve the safety and security of our website, products and services, which includes detecting, preventing investigating, and responding to risks in these areas that could harm you or Virtustream. We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and Business Partners to perform work for us, including completing any transaction, providing you with the latest information about our products, services, or offering you our latest promotions. For more information please refer to How We Use And Share Your Information.|
Accessing, Deleting and Updating Your Information (and Contact Us)
|You can exercise your Consumer Privacy Rights in relation to your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. For more information about your privacy rights, please refer to Your Consumer Privacy Rights.
If you have a privacy query, issue, concern or complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Special Considerations for Californian Residents
|As a California resident, you have certain consumer privacy rights which you can learn about and exercise as described here. If you want to learn more about the categories of the personal information we collect about you and how we share your personal information with our Business Partners, click here. We do not “sell” your personal information as currently defined under the California Consumer Protection Act to any Business Partners.|
Your Marketing Choices
|“Business Partner” means any contractor, supplier, service provider, debit or credit card processor with whom we have a business relationship to provide you with our offers, products, services, process your payment, better predict and deliver content, and market offers that may interest you.|
Changes to This Privacy Statement
|We may make changes to this Privacy Statement when necessary to provide greater transparency or in response to:
– Feedback from our customers, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders.
If there are material changes to the Privacy Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of the privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to learn how Virtustream is protecting your information.
The types of information we collect about you depends on your use of our products, services, and the ways that you interact with us. This may include information about:
– How you use or visit our websites, accounts with Virtustream or applications.
– How you use our services and products and interact with us.
– Contact, billing and other information you provide.
– Improve and develop our products and services.
– Personalize our products and services and make recommendations.
– Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
We also obtain information from third-party sources. We protect information obtained from third-parties according to the privacy practices as described in this Privacy Statement. These third-party sources vary over time and may include:
– Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the information we have collected about you.
– Communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give permission to access your information on such third-party services or networks.
– Partners with which we offer co-branded products or services or engage in joint marketing activities.
– Publicly available sources, such as open government databases.
The personal information we collect can include the following:
– Contact details such as your name, email address, mailing address, and contact telephone numbers.
– Employment information such as your job title and other business or company information.
– Credentials such as your passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and My Account access.
– Demographic information such as your age, gender, country, interests, and preferences.
– Web form information you provide in our web forms (forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary).
– Payment information to process payments, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
– Account history information related to the products or services you purchase, and the activities associated with your account.
– Cookie and tracking information such as IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL), other unique identifiers and other technical data that may uniquely identify your device, system or browser.
– Browse history information about the websites you visit.
– Error reports and performance information of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports.
– Troubleshooting and help information when you contact Virtustream to make a purchase or for technical support or customer support services, phone conversations, or chat sessions with our representatives which may be monitored and recorded.
– Content consumption information about media content (e.g. T.V., apps and games) you access through our products.
– Feedback and rating information you provide to us such as customer survey feedback and product reviews you write.
– COVID-19 status.
– Workspace location information.
We use and share your information to:
– Deliver and maintain our products and services.
– Establish and maintain your account.
– Measure credit and payment risk.
– Provide account related services and information.
– Help you with customer service and technical support issues or questions.
– Help us improve and personalize our products and services.
– Provide you with marketing and promotional communications and deliver targeted and relevant advertising and relevant offers to you, which includes better predicting content and marketing offers that may interest you.
– Authenticate you.
– Detect and prevent fraud.
– Manage and protect our networks, services and customers.
– Meet our legal obligations and doing research.
– Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections at Virtustream’s premises.
– Book desk reservations at Virtustream’s premises.
In order to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections and keep our communities safe, all Virtustream employees, contingent workers, and visitors must complete a daily health survey and pass a thermal body temperature screening in order to gain access to Virtustream premises. The thermal vision camera measures your body temperature on an anonymous basis and Virtustream does not retain your body temperature. If your body temperature is equal to or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be denied entry and/or asked to leave Virtustream premises.
The health survey screening tool, available via an app or web portal, collects your name, email address, and certain health data you voluntarily provide. This information will be retained on your device and not shared with Virtustream unless you self-report that you are COVID-19 positive. In that case, the tool will notify Virtustream Environment, Health, and Safety (“EHS”) team, and your email address will be retained for up to 30 days (subject to local laws) so EHS may contact you as it takes appropriate action to protect the health and safety of individuals at Virtustream physical locations. Your COVID-19 positive status will be shared with Virtustream EHS team and applicable public health authorities (as required by law). Your status will also be shared on an anonymous basis with potentially infected individuals for contact tracing purposes.
You may have the following consumer privacy rights under applicable state laws, including California privacy laws:
– Right to Know: you may have the right to request information about the personal information we have collected about you and for what purpose.
– Right to Access: you may have the right to request information about how we process your personal information and to obtain a copy of that personal information.
– Right to Portability: you may have the right to receive your personal information, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
– Right to Deletion: you may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we have collected from you.
– Right to Be Free from Discrimination: Virtustream will not discriminate against you for exercising your consumer privacy rights.
If you have any questions about the type of personal information we may hold about you or if you wish to request deletion of personal information we may hold about you, or exercise any other consumer privacy right as set out above, contact us by
a. Sending a written request to email@example.com, or
b. Writing to us at the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement or in its Overview.
Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete access or comprehensive removal as the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
You have choices about how we reach you with marketing offers and about other uses of your information. To update your preferences, you can:
– Click “unsubscribe” in any email marketing communications we send to you.
– Go to your MyAccount or visit our Preference Management Center to select your marketing communication choices.
– Go to our List Removal Page to be removed from receiving marketing related-communications.
Please be aware that it may take up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect.
We use appropriate technical, organizational and physical data security safeguards to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of information we collect, use or store. The ways we do this include:
– Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details.
– Design our data security safeguards to ensure the ongoing security, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
– Limiting physical access to our premises.
– Limiting access to the information we collect about you.
– Ensuring that our Business Partners have appropriate technical and organizational security measures to keep your personal information protected.
– As required by law, destroying or de-identifying personal information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Virtustream asking for your personal information. Virtustream will not request your ID or password through email.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our products, services and our websites. Children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, must not share their personal information unless their parent or guardian provided verifiable consent. If at any time a parent or guardian needs to access or delete data associated with their child’s or guardian’s account, they may contact us through one of the options provided in this Privacy Statement
We may sometimes provide links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect personal information about you and direct you to those websites. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to our website are covered by the third party’s’ own privacy statements and we encourage you to read those
If you would like to exercise Your Consumer Privacy Rights as described in this Privacy Statement, have a privacy question, concern, or complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Attention: Legal Department
117 South Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748
Effective Date: July 1, 2020.